Friday 6 May 2011

Chicago - End Of Fulbright Meeting













Re-entry and it's problems was the double-entendre laden subject of last weekends Fulbright meeting in Chicago. We arrived, from various corners of the US, the night of the wedding and spent the night in the hotel bar putting the 'finishing touches' to our end of year presentations. Last time I saw most of the Exchangees was in Seattle back in September and it was fantastic to catch up and compare stories. Just being with a load of British women was such a comfort! The irony, sarcasm and wine flowed freely! We stayed, as usual, in a fantastically posh hotel. Chicago was amazing although I didn't see nearly enough of it. Saturday was presentations and on the night trying a Chicago pizza (rank)! I can't stress enough the joy of being with friends and sharing a frame of reference and fun. Sunday came too soon and we received our certificates and filled in some fantastically interesting tax forms. I was lucky enough to be able to stay on for a n extra night with a couple of other Fulbrighters and we wandered the city and enjoyed cocktails and fantastic Chinese food. Nee How! All the Fulbrighters are bound by sharing such an amazing opportunity and while our personal experiences vary widely, we all agree that we would not change a second of this unbelievable year. We vowed to fight the re-entry worm and meet up back in the UK. I cannot wait!

1 comment:

  1. ms.davies u r the best teacher i never want u 2 leave because u r the only one eho gets me cheered up when i get bad grades in math i cry but u talk it threw with me ands i just want 2 say i <3 u so much i <3 that u r my bffle and u r my favorite teacher ever

    ReplyDelete