Friday 24 June 2011

Last Day



Yesterday was my last day with the children at CPIMS and today was my last day at work. We had a final class party with an 'American' theme. The children all dressed up, the parents brought the most wonderful 'American' food and we had a great time. Some of the children were upset when it was time to leave, I told them we have had a fantastic year together and I will remember each and every one of them for the rest of my life. The Fulbright exchange is all about being a teacher in another country and without doubt, I have enjoyed every moment of my teaching experience. As Dr Seuss said, Don't cry because it's over, smile because it's happened. Hopefully the children in my class will always remember their eccentric British teacher and will continue to call the garbage can a bin and the closet a cupboard for many years to come. Seriously though, I hope I have broadened their horizons and touched their lives, as they have mine! In 2 sleeps we fly back to the UK. We are packed and ready, in more ways than one. We have had a wonderful, terrible, extraordinary year. But now it is time to go home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have been following your blog for a while now and considering applying for Fulbright next year.
    I can't decide whether to apply or not and just looking for some more detail of your year if you wouldn't mind.
    I am interested in your last couple of sentences, 'wonderful, terrible, extraordinary year.' and 'ready (to come home) in more ways thsn one.'

    My email is ejstewart@hotmail.co.uk

    I would love it if you could email me with some of your experiences.
    Thank you!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete