Wednesday 6 October 2010

Sickly In Seattle.


Oh how I struggled this weekend. It was attending a Fulbright Workshop for the UK, Czech and Hungarian grantees with my mentor Dan Brudos.
3 nights in a city I have wanted to visit ever since I was obsessed with Kurt, Courtney and grunge. The city of the first Starbucks, the Space Needle, some kind of mountain, Frasier and Niles Crane.... And I had flu.

I always brag in the UK that I am never ill and wow did I pay for it this week. Ears blocked, nose running, throat sore, cough productive, muscles aching, head throbbing the whole lot. From what I could make out everyone else had a great time, staying up late drinking and bonding (I was in bed) and taking a harbour cruise and seal watching (I was in bed). You get the idea. It wouldn't have been so bad had Seattle not lived up to my expectations but it was a fantastic city, full of quirky shops, bars, restaurants and loads of interesting people. As Sian would say FML.

PS Having to stay home from work ill is not as much fun without Jeremy Kyle to give you a lovely smug feeling!!






1 comment:

  1. Couldn't beleive how you and Meridith were ill at the same time. Must be the amount of time before incomers are sruck down by local bugs!!!Really sorry you couldn't really enjoy Seattle but now you have an excellent reason to return there.

    ReplyDelete