Sunday 16 January 2011

Snowtubing.







After seeing photos of some of my lovely fellow Fulbrighters snowtubing I was desperate to give it a go. Today was a beautiful sunny day so we headed off with my wonderful 'exchange parents' to Willard Mountain, Greenwich, NY. Snow tubing entails being pulled up a hill by a ski lift type thing, sitting in a massive inflatable tyre. When you get to the top, you slide down to the bottom. No tubes are involved at all. A more accurate name would be tyre sledging! It was as fun as I had expected but very, very cold. At one point my toes were so cold I was wondering if frostbite and toe amputation would be covered on the medical insurance. The place was packed, New Yorkers are a vey 'outdoorsy' bunch. Sailing and hiking in the summer and winter sports in the snow.



I'm spending the night in a much more relaxed manner, watching The Golden Globes with a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc.

1 comment: